The American population, now more than ever, is in need of proper guidance from fitness professionals. We have seen the fast rise in obesity in adults and children. And now, more and more, we are seeing the effects of sitting in an office chair all day on the body. Which in turn, wreaks havoc on the musculoskeletal systems, causing pain and leading to possible injury. Individuals need to be exercising more frequently and even more importantly they NEED to exercise properly. However, economic times as they are, do not allow most folks the ability of affording a personal trainer to see them 1 on 1. That’s ok, we call this the “old way” of personal training.
Did you want to be alone with this guy for 2 – 3 hours a week?
Large group exercise programs have been popping up all over the place. The concept, offer a fitness program to the masses. This helped to get people moving. It created a community for people to be a part of. It helped to motivate individuals to work hard. And finally, it was cost effective.
However, there is a downside to cramming 15 – 20 people in a room (or park) and have them complete the same exercises.
- No differentiation based on individuals wants and needs
- There are too many people for one person to keep an eye on
- The more people the less form is emphasized
- Not everyone is on the same skill level, yet all are expected to complete the same workout
- People Individuals do not improve at the same rate
- Exercise limitations based on injury or mobility
- Too much running, crunches, and push ups
- Not a balanced workout for the body
- No progressions to become better at exercises
All this leads to decreased success rate of participants, quick turnover of participants and increased chance of injury. Enter – Small Group Personal Training
Small group personal training (also referred to as semi-private training), is a personal training session conducted in a small group setting (generally 2 – 4 participants per coach / trainer).
You get the benefits of personal training:
- A detailed assessment of the body and movement patterns
- Customized exercise program to address your goals and needs
- Program progressions based on your individual progress
- Safe and controlled environment
- Instruction of a certified fitness professional
Now add in the benefits of the large group concept:
- Community – You are part of a team
- Motivating – Support of others
- Cost Effective – Shared amongst the participants
(Editor Note: Not one session goes by without every participant and trainer getting a huge laugh)
What does all this lead towards…participant accountability, hard work, a few laughs, and most importantly RESULTS! At Solution Fitness, our groups consist of clients ranging from 14 – 86 years old. Their goals include weight loss , eliminating aches and pains, getting better at golf, and sports injury prevention.
If you are ready to get the results you have always wanted, keep this is mind.
SOLUTION FITNESS IS THE ANSWER!